scroll for the Space
~ MORE ~
→ Story You’re Creating or Missing . . .
Your Space here :
These Thai Noodles are tossed with a spicy peanut sauce and garnished with crunchy sesame seeds. You can adjust the spice level to suit your taste, but I like my peanut noodles super spicy!
Spicy Thai Noodles
I don’t make Thai food often, but when I do I always love it! These spicy Thai peanut noodles were no exception! They are easy to make, require minimal cooking (the only thing that needs to be cooked is the pasta), and I love the crunch factor from the fresh veggies, peanuts and sesame seeds.
And let’s not forget the spice! I’m all about the Sriracha! I could eat it on anything, okay except cupcakes. Hmmm, well maybe.
I’ve always loved spicy food. Let me rephrase that, I’ve always constantly craved spicy food. I just love that kick.
Sriracha was made for Asian food, which is why it goes so well with these Thai noodles. I listed the recipe to use 2 tablespoons, but just adjust that according to your personal preference, this is fairly spicy (like, spicy enough I knew I couldn’t get my kids to eat it).
But if you love spicy foods you may likely want a bit more, just don’t overdue it or it can become the only thing you taste. Which is also the reason I like to take it easy on the sesame oil, I still want to be able to taste the peanut flavor and not just a bold sesame flavor. I like a nice balance with all the flavors in this.
You could most definitely add some cooked chicken breasts to this recipe to add another protein, I just opted keep things simple and leave it out. Plus it made a for a seriously delicious vegetarian meal, which I love to make every now and then.
If you’d like to add chicken though it would pair well with everything here, especially if you grilled it and gave it that nice depth of flavor. Grilled chicken is always the best, right?
Now go make some of these crave-worthy spicy Thai noodles, their unique yet irresistible flavor will have you coming back for more!
Thai Noodles Ingredients
For the peanut noodles, you’ll need:
- Red bell pepper
- Matchstick carrots
- Green onions
- Salted roasted peanuts
- Sesame seeds
And for the spicy peanut sauce, you’ll need:
- Creamy peanut butter
- Warm water
- Soy sauce
- Lime juice
- Fresh ginger
- Sesame oil
How to Make Thai Peanut Noodles
- Cook spaghetti according to package instructions.
- While the noodles cook, whisk together the spicy peanut sauce.
- Drain pasta, then toss with peanut sauce, chopped veggies, cilantro and peanuts. Garnish with sesame seeds.
Can These Noodles Be Served Cold?
Yes, these Thai noodles can be served warm or cold. I like to eat them warm day-of, and then I’ll eat the leftovers straight from the fridge!
Can I Use Crunchy Peanut Butter?
I’d imagine you could! You may need to whisk the peanut sauce a little more to make it smooth, though.
Tips for the Best Thai Noodles
- The fresh ginger in the peanut sauce makes a big difference. It may not seem like much ginger, but you definitely want to include it!
- Chicken or tofu would be good in these peanut noodles, too!
- Cook the spaghetti until just al dente, otherwise it’ll become soggy when tossed with the peanut sauce.
More Thai Recipes You’ll Love:
- Thai Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- Slow Cooker Thai Chicken Curry
- Thai Chicken Ramen
- Thai Slaw with Peanut Dressing
- Pad Thai
- Thai Basil Beef Bowls
Spicy Thai Peanut Noodles
These Thai noodles are so easy to make and incredibly flavorful! Tender noodles are tossed with fresh colorful veggies, crunchy peanuts and a rich and creamy peanut sauce that will leave everyone craving more. Don’t like spice? Just omit the sriracha.
Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
- 12 oz spaghetti (I used Barilla White Fiber)
- 1 large red bell pepper , sliced into thin strips then cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 large cucumber , peeled, seeded and sliced into thin strips then cut into-2-inch pieces
- 1 cup matchstick carrots
- 3/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/2 cup lightly salted roasted peanuts , roughly chopped
- Sesame seeds , for garnish (optional)
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup warm water
- 3 Tbsp soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 2 Tbsp Sriracha (more or less to taste)
- 2 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 1/2 Tbsp peeled and minced fresh ginger
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil
Cook spaghetti according to directions listed on package. Meanwhile prepare peanut sauce by combining all sauce ingredients in a mixing bowl, whisking until well blended and smooth.
Drain pasta and pour into a large serving bowl. Toss with sauce then add bell pepper, cucumber, green onions, cilantro and peanuts and toss lightly. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve.
- Chicken or tofu would be good in these peanut noodles!
- Recipe source: adapted slightly from Epicurious